PDA

View Full Version : Looking For a Friend First (Calgary) 59yr

admin
02-28-2012, 03:19 AM
Very easy going, laid back, gentle, average looking male searching for a similar type of woman.

I've been on my own many years now, and though I've explored relationships, obviously none have lasted. So, I've decied to try a different approach.

Rather than looking for a relationship, I am first and foremost looking to build a friendship. One in which we just enjoy spending time together, rather than focusing more on structured activities which, in my view, interfere with getting to know one another. Lest my last sentence be misinterpreted, of course those structured activities would be part of it all, but I find just being together, talking about anything and everything, provide the best opportunity for two people to get to know one another. Once that freindship is established, hopefully it would blossom into a relationship.

I am a cigarette smoker, a habit I wish I'd never taken up in my teens, a very light social drinker, 420 friendly, not a gambler, and am extremely slow to anger. I was fortunate to have been able to retire eleven years ago, then taking prolonged absences from a few full-time or part-time jobs I accepted with the primary purpose of adding structure to my life. Several months ago, I decided to hang the 'Gone Fishing' sign and likely won't return to work again.

I am of reasonable intelligence, with eclectic tastes and interests including world events, motorcycling, golf, and occasional downhill skiing. My greatest passion and love in life is animals -- all animals, whether domestic or wild.

Though appearances are not the basis through which a relationship is built, they do remain important to all of us. I would hope any woman who responds to this message would be height and weight proportionate, attractive to me, and would be more comfortable in jeans and a T-shirt than in a gown and heels.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

More... (http://calgary.en.craigslist.ca/m4w/2871644601.html)