PDA

View Full Version : Driving in Calgary

Florescalgary2013
05-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Hi guys! I'm new here and I need some help... I will be moving to Calgary this July and I just want to know how many hours does it take to drive from South west area to North East or let's say you live in SW and you work at SE how long is the travel time is it a long drive? Please help thanks a lot in advance!:)

sammijo
05-23-2013, 07:48 PM
well welcome here but

dont say how long does it take to drive from "se to nw" etc has Calgary has 4 quardrants.

When customers call me and i ask what part of Calgary, the say "the SW" I say well thats a quarter of Calgary, where about s' If you are not and/or do not not want to give an an approximate area that shut the fuck up :)

InjuryLawyer
06-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Going from one end of the city can easily take 45 minutes or longer on a weekday, especially before 10 a.m. or after 3 p.m. Even in the best conditions you'll likely be driving for at least 20 minutes to drive to another part of the city. If you know the exact addresses you'll be traveling between I'd suggest using Google Maps to get directions and to check the trip duration, keeping in mind that traffic conditions will affect it.

calgaryfever
06-05-2013, 05:12 AM
its pretty nice that the ring roads are built. Typically this road can whip you around town pretty quickly!

But the city's been a major construction zone all over town so you'll have to get familiar with the city and learn how to avoid these area.

thetransporter
06-14-2013, 06:31 AM
its pretty nice that the ring roads are built. Typically this road can whip you around town pretty quickly!

But the city's been a major construction zone all over town so you'll have to get familiar with the city and learn how to avoid these area.

well what sucks the most is way too many calgary drivers do not even do the speed limit. ..

calgaryfever
11-08-2013, 03:33 AM
not just that calgary drivers don't follow the speed limit but they also suck at reading traffic lights!

One almost t-boned me today as I was turning left with a turn arrow and he was on a red light!