PDA

View Full Version : Network Setup - Multple Access Points, Optic TV and such

wireless
12-18-2016, 04:33 AM
Good evening,
I've read more than a few posts on here tonight but none seem to directly provide what I'm looking to solve.

This is my issue:
A few weeks ago I installed a DLink rack mounted switch to address my A/V equipment - no issue for a while, then I lost the IP of one of my Access Points. I figured something was just old so I purchased another one. This new one is an ASUS 3100 (should provide great coverage). The moment this got plugged in, I lost the internet signal coming from the TELUS T2200H and as well the 2 Optic Boxes (one being a PVR).

The entire house is wired with CAT5e home runs and uses the TELUS modem / router as WiFi in the home office plus up until recently 3 other ASUS access points.

The error that I am receiving states that the modem and the access points are not on the same Subnet (which the TELUS one is 255.255.240.0 and the ASUS products are all 255.255.255.0. When this new ASUS 3100 (setup in AP mode) is powered on, nothing works. It is very frustrating.

I'm at a loss as binary isn't my strong suit.

The TELUS modem does not have a WAN and the Port 1 is disabled.

Again, everything worked until this new switch was installed and now I'm pulling out my hair.

Any help would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas (almost).

More... (http://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Network-Setup-Multple-Access-Points-Optic-TV-and-such/m-p/67515#M10274)