PDA

View Full Version : Optik TV and Internet connection issues

wireless
12-18-2016, 04:33 AM
Hey...

About ready to give up. I've had nothing but problems for the last 2 months, I've been on Optik TV and Internet 150 for over a year now, except I had an upgrade to internet 150 about 2 months ago. Which is about when I started having issues. I keep getting disconnected from the internet, which in turn of course I lose all access to my PVR. I get the orange light on my router (T3200M) when that happens, and I can sometimes bring it back by powering off either the modem, or the white box (Alcatel-Lucent), or both. Sometimes the reset button on the back of the router works to accomplish this as well.

The disconnects are random, I could be up for a whole day, or down in 10 min, with more resets required. I've talked to support at least 3 times, and have had 2 tech visits, one to replace the router, the other to replace the white box (Alcatel-Lucent). It has never helped, eventually I get disconnected, and have to reset everything again. Today I replaced the Cat5e cable between the boxes, and plugged them both into a Furman power conditioner bar to try and eliminate any other issues (bad cable or bad power). I was up for 2 hours, and you guessed it, the internet died, and I have the old familiar orange light on the router.

Reason I'm posting this here instead of yet another useless call to tech support, is I'm hoping someone who actually knows more about what is going on can help me. My personal feeling is the issue is outside of the home, the cables coming into the home are on poles (not underground), and perhaps there are issues or loose connections outside). Tech seems to think this is impossible. I'm about ready to give up and cancel my sub, but I'm under contract for a little bit yet. I'm not looking for refunds or free PVR movies (I have some of the movies already, but I'm never up long enough to use any). My main issue is a consistent connection, that's all I'm asking for.

Please, can anyone help???

Geoff

More... (http://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Optik-TV-and-Internet-connection-issues/m-p/67511#M10270)