PDA

View Full Version : PVR unavailable in new 4K installation, appointment to fix not until January (fixed it myself!)

wireless
12-23-2016, 10:47 AM
I had so many issues with the original Optik tv equipment I had that I was going to switch back to Shaw. So through the customer retention department, I was offered an upgrade to 4K (don't have a 4K TV yet) which was installed today. Except there's one problem: the PVR functionality isn't working. It says something about not being connect to my home network which is weird because TV itself works but there's no record, pause, rewind, etc..
I called support as soon as I noticed this and was told that the earliest they can send a technician is the 3rd of January, 11 days from now. I didn't have time then but tomorrow I'm going to call back and request either a techinician come out ASAP to fix it or a credit for half a month of TV since they are failing to provide the service.
This makes me wonder why they don't have some sort of "SWAT" team to deal with new installation issues, especially if it's for a customer who is already on the bring of switching providers?
At this rate I might also make an appointment with Shaw and see who wants my business more.

More... (http://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/PVR-unavailable-in-new-4K-installation-appointment-to-fix-not/m-p/67688#M10329)