PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Access the USB Drive Plugged into my ActionTec T3200M?

wireless
12-30-2016, 03:31 PM
So there are a few posts by people on this forum but no one has given a definitive answer as to how to access the drive I have plugged into the back of my Actiontec Router. Here is what I have tried so far:

I have tried all of this with both a Fat32 thumb drive and NTFS Hard drive. I logged into the router, Advanced settings, Storage Device info. Both drives can be seen on that page, labeling then disk1_1 and shows the space used and free on them.

Then I go to Samba Configuration. I enabled sharing. I tried with the same Admin and password as the router has as well as a different one to see if that made a difference. It did not seem to. They are both on the same workgroup as my home network. I also tried on a Mac and on a PC. Neither can see them on the network. I fought with multiple settings, multiple combinations of configurations and no success. I spent a number of hours into late last night and again this morning on these forums and some of you guys report that it works with Fat32 and another guy said it does work, someone said after firmware 13 he got another actiontec model to work, I thought someone said they were able to stream MP3 but not Flac but I can't remember. Regardless, I can't, for the life of me, get it to work. I also spent time reading the manual, even looking at forums in the States to see if they could help me. Nope.

Finally, after I had no more hair on my head left, I chatted online with an agent from Telus Support named Jordan. Thankfully I didn't have to wait long to get connected. He said the USB is disabled on the Actiontec T3200M. And, thinking it was kind of funny, I quoted The Wedding Singer and said, "Geez, you know that information would have been a little more useful to me yesterday." Then I asked him if he was sure because they were showing up as connected on the modems config page, what people reported on the forums, blah blah like I just told you. And he told me that they have always been disabled since they got the ActionTec. Then I was like..... "Once again things that could have brought to me attention YESTERDAY!!!!" In all seriousness, if that is true, I am somewhat irritated at Telus for not making that information available anywhere on the site and at the misinformation on this forum from guys who don't actually have a clue what they are talking about and are just looking to get likes for their stats.

But.... I am not 100% convinced that this is a completely lost cause. It sees it on the router. It lets me enable sharing so how can one enable something that is disabled? So I put this question to anyone whom has actually had success getting a USB to work to tell me exactly how they did it, perhaps with what kind of drive, settings, etc. And if not, hopefully, I'll be saving someone else a bit of time (and they won't be bald) and they can simply get a second opinion from someone at Telus support. God bless and hope to see you all at #Shambhala20

More... (http://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/How-Do-I-Access-the-USB-Drive-Plugged-into-my-ActionTec-T3200M/m-p/67815#M10362)