PDA

View Full Version : T3200 router: Can I connect an external storage drive to the USB port?

wireless
01-17-2017, 10:34 PM
I just signed up for fibre, and got the dual band T3200 modem which has solid wireless transfer speeds (600 Mbps on 2.4, 1.7Gbps on 5). And it has a USB 3.0 port and Telus has confirmed enabled. Would it be possible to connect my Seagate backup drive to the router, and create a new network drive? This issue has been raised a couple times on this forum, but never definitively. I found one post mentioning DLNA and Samba, but there's no details on how to get this to work.

I see when logging into the router that in "Advanced Setup", there's a section called "Storage Service", and the router does recognize the Seagate under "Storage Device Info". There's also a subheading called Samba Configuration, but beyond enabling it, I don't know what to do. There is a reference to WORKGROUP, but I don't have any Homegroups enabled at the moment.

Is it possible to plug my external drive into the router and share the drive across my network? If so, how?

Thanks.

More... (http://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/T3200-router-Can-I-connect-an-external-storage-drive-to-the-USB/m-p/68317#M10557)