PDA

View Full Version : Help: Optik 150 & Slow/Laggy T3200M WIFI Problem Galaxy S7

wireless
01-26-2017, 04:16 AM
Just switched over to Telus from Shaw in the summer. Since day one, the WIFI has been very slow/laggy when using my Samsung Galaxy S7 (also on Telus). I've had a couple of tech guys come out regarding other issues and neither of them had any suggestions on what could be the cause regarding the slow/laggy wifi. They of course do a speed test on their laptops and everything checks out fine.

However, it's very noticeable and easily replicated every time (not intermittent). If I turn off Wi-Fi and use the cell signal, everything goes back to normal operation. Turn wifi back on, it slows right back down. For example, it will take up to 10-15 seconds for some basic websites to load or a long time for various app data to load.

The crazy part is that if I do a speed test on my Galaxy S7 using the Speedtest.net app, I get full speeds of approx. 80mb/s on 2.4G and 168 mb/s on 5G! Even the second tech guy that came out said he'd never seen anything like that before. But he confirmed there was definitely something going on. His only suggestion was to change the IP address on the modem which I did and it didn't make a difference.

On a side note, I have another Telus wifi modem model WEB6000Q upstairs in my bedroom. Same slow/laggy issue as the T3200M when connected. I've gone to my parents house who's on Optik 50 and connected to their wifi, same slow issue as mine. Have connected to my neighbors wifi who is also on the exact same setup as me, Optik 150, and same issue as mine.

After searching a few posts on here and learning about Bridge Mode I decided to try something else. I took my old Asus RT-N56U wireless modem and plugged it in. Got it connected to the T3200M and connected to the internet.

Sign on to the Asus wifi and BOOM, everything is fast and working as it should be! Websites and apps load fast and are snappy with little or no lag.

Therefore, all I basically did was confirm that it's a general Telus Fiber Optik wifi issue with my S7 phone specifically. I've asked around if others have noticed slow wifi on their iphones and none have really noticed...

However, I have no idea on what might be the cause and/or how to fix it if that is even possible?

Any suggestions...

More... (https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Help-Optik-150-amp-Slow-Laggy-T3200M-WIFI-Problem-Galaxy-S7/m-p/68584#M10630)