PDA

View Full Version : Quote one price, bill higher price?

wireless
01-28-2017, 04:21 PM
I wanted to save on my mixed service, so contacted Telus to bundle TV, phone and Internet. Took about an hour to set up the service and was repeatedly told what my total bundle price would be.

Happy with price and options, so agreed over the phone and had the installation completed.

First bill, price is not = to the phone quote. Called the customer service and escalated to a manager. Told that that employee could not quote a price lower than what their advertised bundles are.

Sure, but I asked them for the price during the initial call and did not view any pricing over the internet to know, how would I know their pricing is higher than what the employee is telling me.

Got the TV with the bundles so I am in the two year agreement, now with a higher price. They say they can lower my phone package to get the same price as the initial quote, and I may take the reduced service.

Issue is, why am I forced to reduce service based on their misrepresentation? Anyone have experienced the same issue? Can I return their equipment and get out of the new offer and return to my previous monthly service agreement with no cancellation charges?

The only agreement I have is the recorded phone call, anyway that a customer can get a copy of that recording?

Good thing is the manager is going to review the phone recording and get back to me, so we don't know what will be the final resolution, just looking for advice before the call back.

More... (https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Quote-one-price-bill-higher-price/m-p/68632#M10644)