PDA

View Full Version : Guide/Channel Changing Extremely Slow

wireless
02-15-2017, 04:03 AM
Using the guide, and changing channels, on the main Optik TV box has become incredibly slow. Just started in the last month, but if I try to use the guide to surf what's on, or scroll through so I can set up a recording, it seems like the things slow right down on the set top box. It used to be really quick when I would move through the guide, but not so anymore. When I page up/down when using the guide, it takes about 5 seconds for the channels shown to change on the screen. And if I press the up/down button too quickly, the picture of the channel I'm currently on freezes, or the whole screen flashes black for a second. If I'm searching for something to watch, it takes about 4-5 times longer to do it than it did about a month ago. Also, whatever the issue is, it seems to have affected the previous channels option as well. If I press Prev on the remote, it takes about 15 seconds for the previous 5 channels viewed to come up on screen. And when they do, it doesn't always show the picture associated with the program in the little box - just the green outline with the title below. This also used to be a very quick feature, but is not anymore. I thought that maybe I had too many programs PVR'd, and it was clogging things up, but I cleared the PVR storage and nothing has changed. Is there an update option I can use to fix this? Was there an update done that caused this? I'm looking for solutions because this is extremely annoying for a piece of equipment that's not even 2 years old yet. FWIW, I have two secondary boxes for TVs in other rooms, and they still work just as they always have. Still quick as ever. It's just the main box.

More... (https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Guide-Channel-Changing-Extremely-Slow/m-p/69286#M10858)