PDA

View Full Version : TV Apps, like Netflix, not loading ("Error Code 0") on 4K box - solutions here!

wireless
02-27-2017, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone,

On my 4K box, I was having some issues launching TV Apps on TELUS such as Netflix & Stingray Music ("error code 0"). The issue resolved itself after a few hours, but it sounds like it may continue to happen intermittently while TELUS is working on resolving the issue permanently.

In the meantime, I wanted to share some workarounds that allowed me to access the apps while this issue was occurring:

Netflix: smartphone casting allowed me to fully use the app & it was actually a neat way to use the app anyways! Here's how to do it:
Ensure your smartphone/tablet is connected to the same Network as your set-top box
Launch the Netflix app on your smartphone/tablet and sign-in
Select the Cast icon in the upper right side of the mobile Netflix app - and then play a video to "cast" to your TELUS 4K box (VIP5662w or VIP5602w)
Stingray Music app: channels 7501-7999 worked to auto-launch the app
Weather Network app: channel 9128 worked to launch the app after pressing "ok" on my remote
Hope that helps!

More... (https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/TV-Apps-like-Netflix-not-loading-quot-Error-Code-0-quot-on-4K/m-p/69958#M11020)