PDA

View Full Version : new 4k stb

wireless
03-17-2017, 02:04 AM
I just got a new stb from Telus because the old one would fail at least once a day. but now when I have this new stb plugged in and working my sound is all messed up. So when I have my Sony Bravia TV plugged into my Yamaha receiver with HDMI cable. It will automatically switch the sound to my receiver. That doesn't happen if the new TELUS stp is plugged in. Plus I used to be able to pick up any remote ( TV, STB or receiver) and change the volume. With the new TELUS stb this doesn't happen. I have done all kinds of trouble shooting, swapping cables, power cycling every device. and I can get everything to work fine until I turn everything off, then come morning I have the same problems all over again.
Now when the tech came to install it he said to me just before he left that some of these boxes have issue with HDMI and that if I have any issue I should use composite cables. But none of those issue will even work though composite cables, they only work with HDMI ( so I was told) and that composite cables only displays 1080i. So that is not an option. Is there anything that can be done or do I need to look for a better cable company. Please help me.

More... (https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/new-4k-stb/m-p/70521#M11170)