PDA

View Full Version : Optik tv freezes, fragments and glitches

wireless
02-06-2018, 03:09 AM
Hi,
I'm really hoping for feedback from more than one person so I have a bit more to chew on with this. We are fairly new to Optik tv and I have to say that, at this point, not impressed.
Long story short, in just a few short months we've had the tech here 4 times, including install and last night we got the fragmented picture that froze.... again. We spent at least an hour and a half unplugging and re-plugging boxes, etc., the whole routine. You end up missing programming and that's not a good time, especially considering last night was "big football game night".
Does anyone else have this issue? I'm finding this absolutely exhausting. I feel like I'm paying for something I don't really have and we all know how time consuming and frustrating calling for a tech or live chat for the same can be. All the new-fangled options of Optik seems rather pointless if they are unreliable in delivery/service. If you need to be a techy yourself to make a go of this then, again, pointless to have, especially for the price. I want to plug in and go. I know they need upgrades now and again but not twice a week or more. That's kind of ridiculous, right?
Should I just ask for complete uninstall and all new equipment re-install?
I really feel myself inching closer to Shaw cable right now. Has anyone had that service recently?
Thanks so much

More... (https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Optik-tv-freezes-fragments-and-glitches/m-p/82598#M15170)