View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 10:00 PM

Default thought for telus on retention.

I called to cancel my service (internet) as it was cheaper by far elsewhere. I was already frusterated by the time i got to "retentions" and refused a good deal. The lady was great (the last call i made was specifically to speak to a manager just to let them know she was great.)

Anyhow, she had said that she would leave the offer on my account for a few months if i changed my mind. That was Saturday.

Sunday i decided that it would be easier to stay and the service was now exactly priced as the alternative. I called in and was told that the service was cancelled and they would have to run a credit check. Every credit check is a little black mark on your score- no thank you.

So, i hit submit on the order form for a smaller isp. I bought a modem with speeds to take me into the future- so i wont be back.

I suppose that my suggestion to telus would be that if you have a customer whose history goes back to 1973 make an effort. The retention team did their job i called in to stay with telus. In the end it came down to my laughing that after a 8 or 12 hour lapse in service that my 40+ year history is insufficient to have me as a customer without dinging my credit score. Yes, i am aware that it is a very small part of a score, but after 40 years and an 8 hour gap it is laughable (particularly when if i said "yes" to the offer less than 24 hours earlier it would not have been necessary.)

On a side note, i don't know what to expect from a smaller reseller, and i may be looking for an isp again (part of my reasoning to stay with telus). But i do know that the modem i purchased is a cable modem, so...

More...