View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 01:19 AM

Default Moving from Edmonton

Hello to Everyone,

My 16 year old daughter and myself are moving from my home town of Edmonton next month (mid-August) for my work. I was offered a great job opportunity that affords me a great future in my chosen profession and I am very excited to make this move. I have only been to Calgary 3 times in my life and I do not know the city at all. (You all might be surprised to hear that I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Calgary from my friends, family and co-workers who are all very supprtive of my move - this, of course, seperate from the old fashion fun Battle of Alberta ). As I have been looking for housing online, I have been studying maps of Calgary and researching historical information so that I can really fall into a comfort zone when I get adjusted.

My main point in joining this forum is to ask a question that is extremely important. I will be working out of 2 locations; one in the Tuxedo area and one in the Elbow area. I would like to live either between the two directly, or west. Can someone please give me advice on the highschools? My girl is interested in Cosmetology, Drama, and Theatre. I would ideally like to live near downtown, but does that put us near a good public school? Thank you very much for all responses!