View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 06:49 PM

Default Fiber hardwire options

I am interested in switching from Shaw Cable Internet/TV to Telus Fiber/Optik TV.
My townhouse recently had the fiber terminated in a first floor closet next to my front door with no modem or ONT installed. The issue is I'd need a hardwired Ethernet connection off the modem, which will need to be in a bedroom 2 floors above this closet so I can connect it to my own router. I cannot use wireless Internet due to the needing low latency and packet loss for gaming. I am also not interested in MoCA due to the speed and other limitations. I was told by the contractors doing the terminating run to inquire about Invisilight, a clear fiber cable that may be able to be run from the termination point along the ceiling into the bedroom where the Modem could be placed. Is there a way to get a quote on installation using this product? I don't see a direct contact form anywhere.

Alternatively, if Invisilight is not an option would Telus do a 1 cable Cat5E/6 wire drop from the upper bedroom with my PC/router to the first floor termination point?

More...