View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 04:12 AM

Default call control questions

Hello peeps,

I installed Call Control due to my phone number being spoofed. Example: Received a call at 7:15 am I ignored then called the number 1 hr later. I woke the person up a they did not call me. Over the last year someone has been calling me early morn and when I pick up dead air. I usually do not pick up these calls but there has been an escalation since the 7:15 am call. I think I know who it is but do not have their cell number.

Question: my first call on call control displayed a phone number marked Private Mar 13 2019 16:47 Challenged - timeout Unassigned. Is there a handbook explaining the "list status, "call result" information that will be displayed? This call came on landline I could have been on phone at the time of call.

Question: Prior to call Control someone called me I did not pick up. I called the number back it was a Telus number that was not in service. I did a *69 and got the same number that was not in service it did not give the real source. So I called Telus to install call control. I asked if someone is spoofing will I get the real number they are calling from not the one they put in caller ID? I could not get a good answer. The caller would be a local. Can anyone tell me if I will get the real called not the call they put in the caller ID as #69 gives the fake caller id? I am not dealing with Robocalling. I hope I did not over explain all this is new to me.

I think I read that people can spoof on Telus cell phones is this true? Change their caller ID? Or is it to change to private? I am confused please set me straight.

Thank you for reading this any help would be appreciated.

More...