View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 07:30 PM

Default Weird issue with Outgping email on in my home

Yesterday - I was unable to send messages on any device from my home that was connected by wireless. This include a mac, iphone and ipad.
The message I kept getting was that my user name and password was incorrect. I knew this was not the case as I was able to use web mail. Initially Telus wanted to turn me over to Telus Plus for $120 - no thanks. I tried to explain it must be a router issue as I could send on my wired windows PC and I could also send when my iphone was on cell only. I spent a long time on the phone with Telus to no real solution, We did change my password and delete my account but this did not solve the problem. I left it overnight and the problem did resolve but there were two strange factors:
1) None of my wireless devices could send. My wife has windows pc and should could not send either. She has a wired connection albeit we have connected her to a the ethernet port on an Optik Box.
2) When I rebooted the router the problem resolved itself for 5 minutes then came back.

This leads me to some weird router issue as when we tried to delete re ad my account on the cell phone, when I got to the SMTP settings I got an error message that PORT 1025 timed out an the same when I tried PORT 465.
As I said the issue resolved itself overnight but I am at a loss to understand what went wrong

More...