View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 04:10 AM

Default Adding a HD Wireless box with Netgear Nighthawk

Ok heres the scenario. I have a 1200 telus modem which is bridged to a Netgear Nighthawk. I ordered a wireless HD box for a self install. I explained my setup and was told I could do it maybe. I don't use the telus access point as my nighthawk more than covers my 3000 sqft 2 story house (they are awesome). There is no WPS button on the 1200, and i tried to plug the access point into the telus router but the wireless box wouldn't connect (I'm assuming because its bridged). What is my next course of action?

I first was going to get a 4k box, but was told I had to switch to a 4k PVR and the install was going to cost me $100 which I wasn't cool with. Shouldn't I be upgraded to the 3200 router? And if thats the case am I billed $100 for that? and if not then why am i charged for a 4k PVR upgrade. I'm getting mixed messages from other Telus customers saying they are not billed for the 4k box.

Bottom line, what I'm looking for is a 4k box to be installed in my new TV room, which has a network wire right at the TV location. Since I didn't want to pay the $100 I went the wireless router which is causing an issue.

Please help.

Jamie

More...