Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Health and Wellness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2017, 09:43 AM

Default Suffering from glaucoma

I have been experiencing blurry vision for a quite long time. I went to a vision center and was diagnosed with glaucoma in both the eyes. It is worse in the right eye and I have been using Xalatan-Latanoprost eye drops every night.
I have got some doubts that I forgot to ask the doctor before. Now, I am lazy to go to the doctor again, and thought of getting help from online forums.
My first doubt is regarding the use of eye drops. How can I use the eye drops? At what time should I use them. Some say that it is better to use them an hour before sleep, whereas some say that it should be used at least two hours before sleep.
Are there any physical activities that are not recommended while having glaucoma? I was learning swimming and had to pause that after having glaucoma. Is there any problem if I continued practicing swimming?
I am an IT professional and has to spend long hours before the computer. Is it fine if I continued using it? Should I wear glasses to protect my eyes?
Sorry for my long post. Any advice is highly recommended. Please give some genuine replies and suggestions. Thanks in advance.