Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Health and Wellness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2017, 10:37 AM

Default Cataract surgery

Hi, I’ve been facing difficulty in seeing in dim light. Night drives are the worst. I got my eyes tested yesterday and my optometrist told me that there’s a cataract forming in my left eye. She told me that, surgery would be the best thing to do now. I am terrified after hearing this. The thought of having an incision in my eyes is killing my sleep. Although the symptoms of cataract are ruining my daily activities, I really want to know about the possible remedies other than surgery. My sister did laser cataract surgery last year and she says it’s much better than the ordinary cataract surgery. I’m pretty confused. Is the extra cost for the laser really worth it? I read a lot of surgery reviews and saw that a lot of people are using glasses even after surgery to reduce the eye strain. My optometrist suggested getting a multifocal intraocular lens. He told me that this reduces dependence on eyeglasses as compared to standard “single focus” lens implant. How efficient is this? Kindly share your views. Feel free to comment and DM. Thank you.