Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2018, 12:30 PM

Default Artificial Lawn

I've got about 25sq.m. of concrete in front of my house that I would like to "lawn over" and make a little play area for my kids. Any input on which stores (online maybe) I should look at would be greatly appreciated. Also, I know some "grass" can be very hard and brittle and won't be fun for the kids to play on. Don't want to break the bank, but also don't necessarily want the cheapest crap out there (hoping to get a few years' use in).
Old 06-29-2018, 12:45 PM

Thing to remember on fake turf is that in summer, it gets very hot mainly due to it not being real and also the sand and black pebbles put in to hold the lawn in place and the fake grass standing up. Watch out for kids feet in the sun, I read my infra red thermometer once say 67 degree C. Also, if you have dogs, the smell of dried pee can be quite bad if only a small area, you may end up hosing the smell off and using same amount of water as with real turf (weed). You can see the offers here https://bestyardproducts.com/
I have fake turf around pool, it gets hot in the sun but we give quick hose and the kids splash so much, the lawn cools quickly.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:35 PM

thank you!!