Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2018, 03:35 AM

Default No Open Ports in Neighborhood

Hey everyone,

Attempting to set up TV and Internet at a new place I'm moving into this week. Went to a Telus store about 3 weeks ago to ask about some of the offers they had, and to start the process to sign up. Went through everything at the store, it all looked great, until when the associate tried to finish the order and got an error. She submitted an OWL, and said I would get a call the next day to see what they could do. A rep from support called the next day, and explained that there were no open Telus ports in the neighborhood I'm moving into. She said that she would keep an eye on it and call back a week before I took possession. Didn't receive a call on the day that was stated, so I called the next day, and was told the same problem, and to "Try at the end of a month, that's when everyone seems to move". Well I've now tried the end, beginning, and middle of the month (Mid July until today), to no avail. I'm not really keen on using a different provider, but seeing as I move in to my place in a couple of days, I'll be forced to. Anyone else have this problem? Anything that can be done?

More...