Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Health and Wellness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2017, 04:38 AM

Default Removing cosmetic bond.

I did cosmetic bonding on my top 4 front teeth to make them appear straighter. It worked and I was excused from the difficulties caused by braces. Now I have lower braces and I am going to get upper braces next month to fix my bite. My ortho has asked me to get my bonding removed in order to brace my teeth. He prefers I do this in a corrective dentistry so that in case if any aesthetic issues occur after debonding, they are the ones well equipped to handle it. I called my dentist and sought advice. He told me that removing the bonding would cause permanent damage to my teeth. I called my ortho right after this and he told me that it is ridiculous, the bonding will come off quickly because it didn’t have any crack or chip when it was primarily bonded. With his permission, I took an appointment with a corrective dentistry in Ajax for the debonding process. When I Google this topic, there seems to be a 50/50 split among the dental community as to whether bonding can be easily removed without tooth damage. Has anyone here gone through this with removing tooth bonding and what were the results?