Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > General > Tech talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2018, 10:52 AM

Default Cannot reinstall Mac OS X Lion

Bottom line of the issue is that I am unable to re-install Mac OS X Lion. I followed the following steps-

1. Erased my Macintosh drive and Windows drive without time machine backup (but I still have Mac OS X Lion file saved on an external hard drive)

2. Tried (without success) to re-install Mac OS X Lion using internet after logging into my Apple id as an error pops up which says "the item is unavailable"

3. Upon suggestion I tried to log into iCloud using "browse for solution on Safari but was unable to do so, as the Safari version does not support iCloud.

4. I even tried to change the partition settings of the Physical drive (using default settings) but my attempt bore no fruits.

Please suggest a way out as to how do I reinstall Mac OS X Lion back on my iMac (late 2009 version)
Old 03-07-2018, 12:03 PM

Personal experience has shown me that a clean install of Lion is much faster than an upgrade. Remember to back up your personal data first. Please have the detailed instructions for having the OS installed from the following address https://www.cleverfiles.com/help/rei...pdate-mac.html