Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-16-2018, 04:08 PM

Default Customer Service - New Customer

We phoned Telus last week, after 12 years with Shaw, strictly due to some of the features that Telus can provide that Shaw hasn't quite caught up to - and because my Shaw internet just has not been so great lately.
The first contact was fine - setting up our new services was fine.
Then came installation - we were told to alert our building strata that work would be done and they'd need access to the communications room.
We call the strata - strata says "no problem, telus has fobs for our communication room - they just need to bring that, let them know"
Contact Telus - "no we don't have a fob". Contact telus again "oh we may have a fob but sometimes our technicians lose them, please have someone there to let the technician in". Contact telus again "we will leave notes on file for the technician to make sure he has a key and that there's no room for error".
Technician phones to say he's on his way "and will the caretaker be there to give me access to the communications room?"
SERIOUSLY?!
We get the guy into the room - chalk it up to a technician thing...
Then we are told Telus will cancel Shaw for us - great, a value added service we think
4 days later and Shaw is still active, email Telus asking why "oh we have to wait a week to cancel, this is why we give you credits on your bill because of what you get charged with Shaw". NO... NO... those are not credits you give due to not cancelling Shaw quickly - anyone who signs up gets a $150 credit online - I could have cancelled Shaw that day on my own had I known you'd wait a week.
I email again - now having contacted Telus 7 times - asking for someone to address the lack of customer service and all I get is "sorry for the inconveniences" Literally - that was the entire email.

I take to twitter, Telus does not respond, Shaw does.

I know I have 30 days to try out Optik Tv and cancel - my shaw account still hasn't been cancelled.
In 12 years with Shaw I called half this many times.
If I don't hear from Telus tonight I'm calling Shaw - does anybody have ANY advice on how to get through to a manager for actual support? I love the Telus product, but wow...if this is service....

More...