Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2018, 10:10 PM

Default Telus Optik TV Loses Signal After 10 to 15 Seconds

The Problem:

Telus Optik TV works for 10-15 seconds then goes to the lose signal screen. This does not effect WIFI what so ever or using the TV Apps (such as watching YouTube or Netflix) on the Telus Optik boxes. When the Telus Optik TV loses signal WIFI does not cut out, it is strictly effecting the Live TV being broadcast through the Telus Optik TV box.

I currently have 3 Telus Optik TV boxes, one plugged directly into the router and 2 are wireless. This issue appears off and on though out a day. On all three boxes. All three boxes, even when issues are apparent, can play Netflix and YouTube through the box TV Apps with no issue and WIFI is not effected.

We were speaking to a phone help technician a couple nights ago who said this was a multicasting issue. They could not resolve the problem, but it worked for about 12 hours with no issues.

I saw a similar thread from 2016 on this but there was no solution given: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Optik-TV-lost-signal-after-10-secs/td-p/60053

Services and Troubleshooting

I have restarted the router, had the router replaced 3 times, changed the fiber (tail and new port line in the community, plugged the router directly into the white fiber box, changed the boxed. The technician has replaced all the wires and tested everything in the house. Essentially we have tested all of the hardware and physical possibilities in the house, which leads me to believe this is something on the Telus side. Telus can see critical errors on their side but they continue to tell me to restart the router every time I call in...

I have had a tech come to my house three times, waiting on the phone for over 10 hours, and no one can provide support for why this is happening.

I thought everything was fixed after the identified it was a multicasting issue but now I am back to the same place and I can't speak to the right tech's on the phone.

Can someone please help?

More...