Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2021, 08:51 PM

Default Problem with the Internet and High Upload Data Usage

Hello, I just arrived in Canada a few months ago and I'm living with my host family now. We have a huge problem with our Internet, it's very hard to explain but I can say that we usually don't have Wifi on some devices. For example, if my laptop is using Wifi, my phone doesn't have Internet, and if I turn off the Wifi on my laptop and try to connect to the Internet again on my phone, I'll have Wifi on my phone.

Last week, a Telus guy came to my house in order to fix the problem. He said that because I used huge uploading data (over 1GB per day), my housemates couldn't connect to the Internet. To be honest, I agree that I used huge uploading data because I make video calls with my girlfriend in my country every day. However, I don't think this is the reason why we don't have Wifi sometimes because I was in Canada last year and also made video calls with my girlfriend and my family every day, we didn't have any problem.

Please help me out, give me some recommendations or suggestions. I'm very good at technology and I guess that our problem is with the modem. I think the modem limits the number of users which is why I don't have wifi on my laptop and my phone at the same time, and if yes, my housemate couldn't connect to the Wifi.

More...