Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2024, 12:30 AM

Default Changing Internet Package - Do I Need a Different Modem ??

So my initial 2 year bundle deal is ending on March 31st and I've been told by a couple of different CSR's that I will have to switch over to the Internet 250 package. I've had the Internet 75 package since I joined Telus and since I don't really upload or download very much it was perfectly fine and met all my needs. I thought that I could keep the Internet 75 with my next deal but I have been told that it cannot be grandfathered into my next bundle. Apparently the Internet 250 package will actually be a bit cheaper than what I have been paying for Internet 75. So here's my question - I have been using this modem pictured below for Internet 75:

Will this modem still be OK for Internet 250 or will I need to get a replacement modem from Telus ???? If I do need a new modem which one should I get and if not then will I need to change any of the connections that I currently use with the old modem to access the higher internet speed ????

More...