Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > General > US Headlines
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-10-2015, 05:11 PM

Default #AllBlackGirlsDont Dispels Stereotypes And Shows Diversity In Black Girls

Black Twitter is challenging any stereotypes you might have about black women.

#AllBlackGirlsDont took off last week and many of the results were both empowering and enlightening. The hashtag was used by many Twitter users to help exemplify that black women are far from monolithic. Check out a few of the tweets that shined a light on the many faces of black womanhood. 

#AllBlackGirlsDont look the same we have an array of melanin that makes every single one of us beautiful queens ? pic.twitter.com/TpEnxo6jdM
— || A ? || (@lexiiROCKSTAR) July 30, 2015

#allblackgirlsdont talk "white". Because I speak with proper grammar like I have an education you want to degrade me? That's a disgrace.
— SEPTEMBER 4 ?? (@_NESSSSA__) July 30, 2015

#AllBlackGirlsDont have anger issues simply for speaking their opinion. the "angry black girl" stereotype gotta go
— karis (@_klynelle) July 31, 2015

#AllBlackGirlsDont like that our features aren't celebrated until they're on white women's bodies. pic.twitter.com/gEsKs1HJ8Z
— IG: Thisisnatols (@thisisnatols) July 30, 2015

#AllBlackGirlsDont want to be lightskinned. I'm pretty satisfied with my darkskinned self.
— ? ???? (@ajaforexample) August 1, 2015

#AllBlackGirlsDont need your whack ass Criticism or approval
— electric lady? (@lioneesssssss) July 31, 2015

I'm pretty BECAUSE I'm a black girl "@angxxdani: #AllBlackGirlsDont take "you're pretty for a black girl" as a compliment"
— ? (@KushyFace) July 31, 2015

@SK_TheKing_ #AllBlackGirlsDont need you to speak for them. we can be in college & have a job & twerk & turn up, too. pic.twitter.com/AP2ZyzO2Qm
— cardio bunny (@queerIeader) July 31, 2015

#AllBlackGirlsDont need your approval of their versatile hairstyles pic.twitter.com/Ysbqumwksa
— King of the Musties (@dancer1695) July 31, 2015

#AllBlackGirlsDont get half the recognition or support we deserve. We are the only flowers that grow unwatered ?
— hennessy.colada (@ChamaniLeigh1) July 31, 2015

#AllBlackGirlsDont like being compared to other races of females like they are superior to us...
— Miss. Midgett (@_Magnolia94) July 31, 2015

#AllBlackGirlsDont hate on one another. I love my black girls ?
— ???? ???? (@shxrmyana) July 31, 2015

#AllBlackGirlsDont fit into one category. we're all different in our own way
— ?maya? (@mayaelysee) July 30, 2015

Also on HuffPost:

-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.

More...