Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2017, 05:18 AM

Default No battery backup on my ONT?

So I just had my PureFibre line and ONT installed yesterday. So far, everything seems to be running fine. However, after inspecting the new equipment that was installed, I noticed something may be missing. There is no backup battery connected to my ONT. This is a bit odd, because the pictures I have seen of other Telus ONTs have one connected to the power input. On my ONT, however, it is just connected using an ordinary power brick. Now, I have also seen other pictures of people who had their ONTs connected directly to the wall with a power brick, but those users did not have a phone line connected likely because they don’t subscribe to Telus’ home phone. I, however, do have home phone with Telus so this is a bit unusual. Actually, I just switched over from Shaw’s Home phone service and the Shaw Phone modem that the ONT just replaced had a built in backup battery that worked in a power outage. So why do some of Telus’ ONTs have backup batteries and others dont? Am I missing something here? Seems rather odd. https://bhzof35755.i.lithium.com/t5/...e?v=1.0&px=999

More...