Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-10-2017, 11:30 PM

Default Lower internet speed when T3200M bridged

I just had my internet service upgraded to Internet 150 on PureFibre in Kelowna.

The technician set up the modem in bridge mode, same as my previous T1200.

If I connect to the T3200M using 5GHz wireless, I can get 150+ Mbps internet speeds.

However, everything that connects through my Asus router connected to the bridge port (port 1 on the T3200M) sees a maximum speed of 100 Mbps. Wired and wireless.

I found this out while the tech was still at the house, and of course we both thought that the problem was a 100 Mbps wired adapter somewhere in the mix. I spent most of today trying to figure out where it was and I couldn't.

So I took the T3200M out of bridge mode and tried that. Bam! 150 Mbps internet speed available through wired and wireless connections to my Asus router (well, a router now acting as a switch). This is with router reconfiguration only. I made absolutely no changes made to the ethernet cables or the ports they were connected to (the Asus router allows me to reassign the WAN port as a LAN port).

I assume that one of two things is happening:

1. My bridge IP address is somehow limited to 100 Mbps (but not the IP address assigned to the T3200M)
2. When in bridged mode, the ethernet ports on the T3200M are limited to 100 Mbps.

I believe it is number 2 because I cannot get 150 Mbps with wired devices connected directly ports 2-4 on the T3200M when it is in bridge mode.

More...