Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-14-2023, 03:32 PM

Default **Internet Connectivity Mystery After Power Outages - Seeking Insights**

Hello fellow forum members,
I've recently encountered a baffling internet connectivity issue in the Cedar Hills Surrey area, particularly following power outages. I'm reaching out to see if anyone in our community has faced a similar challenge or can provide valuable insights.
**Description of the Issue:**
- **Website Accessibility**: When connected to Wi-Fi, certain websites like telus.com and walmart.com don't work at all, while others like apple.com function normally. The issue remains consistent and doesn't have a discernible pattern.
- **Smart Device Dilemma**: Alongside this, my smart home devices exhibit mixed results when connecting to the network. While some devices can establish a connection, others, including those from LG.com, Wyze.com, and Kasasmart.com, face connectivity issues. Additionally, I can't access the websites linked to these non-connecting smart devices while connected to Wi-fi.
- **Selective Connectivity**: Among my smart switches, only one Kasa smart switch successfully connects, while the rest remain unable to establish a connection.
- **Access Point Anomaly**: In my network, I utilize three TP-Link EAP225 access points. Two of them function correctly, but one refuses to connect. This issue persists despite numerous attempts to resolve it.
- **Vonage VoIP Phone**: My Vonage VoIP phone worked seamlessly before I initiated troubleshooting with Telus support, but it has since lost its connection.
**Troubleshooting Attempts:**
- I've reached out to Telus technical support, and they've escalated the issue to their senior tech team.
- We've undertaken a series of troubleshooting steps, including IP address resets and hardware checks. Unfortunately, these efforts haven't yielded a solution thus far.
- **Hub Replacement**: During a previous occurrence of this issue, the technician replaced the hub, even though the problem resolved itself before their arrival. They left me with the old hub as a precautionary measure, but this hasn't resolved the problem either. I've even tried swapping the new hub with the old one, but the issue persists.
It's also noteworthy that my PC, which is hardwired to the network, experiences no connectivity issues and can access all websites seamlessly.
I'm eager to learn if anyone within this forum has encountered a similar challenge or possesses insights to offer. If you've had interactions with Telus support or have any relevant information, please don't hesitate to share.
Your contributions can play a pivotal role in determining whether this is an isolated incident or a matter affecting a broader group of users. I'm profoundly grateful for your assistance!

More...