Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Main Category > New to Calgaryn.com Forums
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 04:00 AM

Default Avoid Bank Of America Merchant Services - Mobile Pay

AVOID BANK OF AMERICA MERCHANT SERVICES - MOBILE PAY
THEIR "APP" SAID GET STARTED TODAY
THEY DID A HARD CREDIT INQUIRY (WITHOUT TELLING ME)
THEN THEY EVEN COME FOR A SITE INSPECTION? ITS MOBILE APP?

WASTE OF TIME AVOID BANK OF AMERICA MOBILE PAY FOR ANDROID AND IPHONE (BAMS)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bams.mobilepay

http://allthingsd.com/20121112/anoth...bile-payments/
http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/13/3...e-announcement

Bank of America Mobile Pay has a rating of POOR
Bank of America Merchant Services has a rating of POOR

THEY DO HARD CREDIT CHECKS AVOID!!!!
so after they DO A HARD CREDIT CHECK, they DENY application - i have a credit score of 844. now it will be lower. AVOID! CSR from the 804 Area code are hard to deal with!!
User Reviews

Barbara Vaughan - February 13, 2013 - Version 2.1.1
Cannot verify credentials
First, it was a huge hassle to sign up for this service. Now, app gives me error message that it cannot verify my creditials. Called customer service and was transferred several times. Finally got to a rep, and he sees no problem. But, have a good day! Meh... going back to Square!
Spam
Michael Pratte - January 2, 2013 - Samsung Galaxy S2 with version 2.1.1
Doesn't work on rooted phone.
I was going to switch away from my expensive traditional card system, but not being able to run on rooted devices makes this worthless to me. I've always been happy with BoA but this really tarnished my opinion of the company.

Brian Norris - February 20, 2013 - Version 2.1.1
Work around for rooted phones
This might be a hassle for some but it works. Whenever the rooted phone pop up appears just hit the back button and it goes away. You have to do this every time it pops up but you can still use the app. Don't press ok or the app will force close. Its not perfect but it works. Hope this helps.

Description
Mobile Pay enables you to accept card payments with your smartphone. It's fast, secure, and easy to use. Whether you sell at trade shows, stadiums or festivals, host in-home parties, or make deliveries, Mobile Pay makes it easy for your customers to pay with a credit or signature debit card.
START ACCEPTING CREDIT CARDS TODAY
Sign up for a Bank of America Merchant Services account and start selling today by visiting https://mobilepay.bankofamerica.com on your computer or call 1-800-354-8985 to speak with a representative.
Once approved, you can activate this mobile app and begin accepting payments right from your phone by key entering or by swiping the card using the optional card reader.
You can easily add sales tax and/or tips. When you’re done, your customer signs right on the screen and you can email them their receipt. Refunding your customer is straightforward too by simply selecting a given transaction from the in app transaction history.
CUSTOMER SERVICE/TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Bank of America Merchant Services provides live 24/7, United States based customer support. We're here to give you the support you need to be successful.
Encryption AND Security
The Mobile Pay product provides peace of mind by complying with all industry standard mandates. The optional card reader encrypts the card data at the point of swipe.
NOTE: For security reasons this application will not run on "rooted" devices.

(877) 396-5827

IF they really cared about security they would not be faxing credit card numbers