Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2018, 07:11 AM

Default Not Getting Gigabit Speeds!

Hey everyone,

Recently upgraded to the Telus 950/750 plan, managed to score a pretty sweet deal on it too so that's nice as well. Only problem seems to be I'm not even getting near the rated speeds that telus claims on their website. I managed to pull at BEST 450Mbps download, but somehow managed to get the full 750 for upload. As far as I'm concerned, all my cables are up to date (CAT6 and CAT5e) and my router supports gigabit speeds (ASUS AC2600) and same with my PC motherboard. I have a fairly top of the line PC as well so I don't think that is the bottleneck.

I've talked with the service advisors and they gave me the basic run down of did you reset everything and all that and I told them I did, so they said they would send a tech out whenever it would fit best for me. However, before I get them out here, I just wanted to hear some feedback from you guys to make sure I'm not missing something here.

Also noting that before I was on the Gigabit plan, I have the Telus 300/300, and I would get well above rated speeds, in the neighborhood of around 350/350. So what do you guys think? Should I get the tech out here to check things out or is there something I'm not picking up on here.

More...