Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Health and Wellness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2017, 06:13 AM

Default Laser eye surgery- Need advice

I am Virginia from San Antonio. My sister, Jane is having short-sightedness and she is wearing spectacles. She is very conscious about her beauty and doesn’t like wearing specs. She is so worried about it. So, we went to consult a doctor and he prescribed contact lens. She started wearing contact lens and didn’t maintain proper hygiene. For the first 2 days, she didn’t have any issue, also she was excited about it. She took a lot of selfies and uploaded it everywhere. After that, she experienced itching and pain. We again went to the same doctor and he found that she is allergic to lens. She became so upset. Then I googled to learn more about new techniques and saw about laser eye surgery. I have scheduled an appointment with another eye surgeon in San Antonio for next week to discuss this in detail. I enquired about this procedure but none of them have any idea about it. Can you guys help me? I need to have an idea regarding this procedure before consulting with the doctor. She is only 20 years old and is there any age limit for doing the surgery? Is it painful? Waiting for your replies. Thanking you in advance.