Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2018, 06:27 PM

Default Service agreement terms for PureFibre

Telus has finally reached my house with fibre, and made me an offer for PureFibre 300/300 service + Optik TV. I've been waiting for this, but a few things have made me think twice about jumping on the offer, such as questions about how the install is going to work for my house (ONT vs. SFP and the fibre/ethernet cable route in the house), and concerns about actual performance raised by current users - and now Shaw has boosted their internet speed to 300/15 at no extra cost. I'm still considering the switch, but concerned about the 2-year commitment if it doesn't work out, although I realize that Telus really wants that 2-year commitment to justify the cost of fibre installation.

I'm trying to get answers separately about the installation details, but I have two questions about the service agreement:

1. In the past Telus has said that the cancellation penalty for a service agreement is $15/remaining month for Optik TV, $0 for internet. Is that still true?

2. If Telus offers an up-front cash bonus to switch from Shaw, and that gets applied to the first few months of billing, is that clawed back in some way if the service agreement is canceled early? (i.e., like the "free gifts" are)

I've never kept a service for less than 2 years before, but there's always a first time.

More...