Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2018, 11:37 PM

Default 4k PVR freeze

Came back to Telus beginning of April 2018. I have Internet 75 and 4k TV PVR.
At around 2045 on August 08 2018 was just ending a session of On Demand (HBO)

As i attempted to go to guide to watch live tv everything froze.
Tried to power cycle. Ended up unplugging the T3200 and pvr and let them reset (modem first) It took a LONG time (like 15 + minutes) for the PVR to come back

It was like it totally reinstalled all the software. There was a system configuration screen with a white progress bar at bottom.
It did its thing and looked like it restarted. Three dots in centre of screen. Goes blank again. No signal. Then went thru the same screen as above.
on the PVR were 3 lights. the regular power light (green) beside that was a smaller red light. and beside that a small green light.

I say it appears to restart the pvr as the red and small green light goes out. On the 3rd restart this time what appears is 2 large gear icons on the screen with a progress bar.

After that a initialize pvr screen comes up. Followed by system messages that were floating banners. The banners were info messages about the features of the PVR.

When the system finally did come back, it did not go to live tv / the guide but to the pvr and my recordings.
No idea what just happened. if it was a firmware update? a symptom of a failing PVR? A regular occurance and something to look forward to in the future?

Been using the on demand for the last few evenings with no issues. hoping last night was just a rare glitch.

More...