Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2018, 07:17 AM

Default My optic cable was turned off?

I was told today that the reason that my internet downloads were only 28.3 mbps (instead of the 150 im paying for) is because my fibre optic was "turned off" and I have been running on copper.

Ive had issues like this the whole past year that Ive supposedly been on fibre but since I only stream and surf the internet and am old and not so tech saavy, I figured it was issues with my devices and didnt pay much attention.

Then my wife complained about buffering on a stream she was watching and after a little searching I realized that should never happen on a new high end tv at our internet speeds.

Now I wonder if Ive ever actually had fibre service. I checked the availability of fibre in my area with the address search function and it says its available but then theres a list of cities where there is fibre optic available and my city, Maple Ridge isnt on it.

Whats goiing on here? Anyone ever had issues like this? To clarify, I have been paying for Fibre 150 all along.

More...