Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-11-2017, 11:14 PM

Default Optik TV app not showing 4K channels

Just updated to the new Optik TV app. It looks good, reserving judgment on the functionality until I've had a chance to use it more.

I am having a problem that is probably not related to the new app, but probably to my recent 4K PVR installation:

I have the guide set to show subscribed channels, but my (few) new 4K channels are not showing up (for example, 905) in the app . I have the PVR and 4K boxes at home set up to show subscribed channels, and they show up no problem.

Consequently, I can't use the app to set 4K recordings. If I select a show that is available in 4K, channel 905 shows up with a grey triangle beside it rather than the red record circle.

Edit: I also note that I can only access limited account information on telus.com, a situation that has existed for 2-3 weeks now. I can't see proper usage history (it says "usage total pending") and cannot access the Optik TV part of My Account at all "We can't retrieve your Optik TV subscription details just now. Please try again later." This situation existed before my 4K upgrade which occurred last Friday. The billing and payment parts work just fine

More...