Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2019, 08:53 PM

Default Internet wi-fi dropping

Last fall I upgraded my net speed to 75 (fastest), mostly because it only cost a few bucks. The change involved three technician visits to double the wiring to my router, one guy was even in the hole under the green box in my neighbour's yard. Ever since then, my internet stops dead several times a day, sometimes for a minute, sometimes for hours. My speed is either 75-ish or zero. Has anybody else experienced this?

It's not just my new computer, my cell phone suffers dropouts as well (also Telus). I've had half a dozen lengthy sessions with technicians, none of whom helped at all. We've tried rebooting my router and simply turning wi-fi off at the computer, it doesn't help. Technicians have investigated this several different ways, tried multiple things at their consoles, and it still drops the connection daily, especially between 4pm and midnight.

I have not, however, talked to ALL of their technical people, so the answer might be out there and I'm not finding the right guy (or girl). If anybody else has had this problem and gotten it fixed, please tell me how you did that? Thanks.

More...