View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 01:51 AM

Vanilla Mastercard Customer Service Telephone Number

Posted September 13th, 2008 by Phone-Number-Admin

Have one of those Prepaid Mastercards that are branded as the "Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard" and issued by "Peoples Trust"?

Here is their phone number if you need to call them: 1.800.652.9174 which is a toll-free call, you should even be able to call it for free from a payphone.

If your card was lost/stolen and used fraudulently, you should have the same protections as you would with a regular credit card. Call them!

Just a note from their Cardholder Agreement: "If a Balance remains on the Card for more than six (6) months after the purchase date, we may deduct from the Balance a service fee of $2.50 per month beginning on the first month after six (6) months from the purchase date."

These cards are non-reloadable.

For more information on Prepaid Mastercards and Visa Cards and Canada, take a look at my article on Canada's Best Prepaid Cards

Phone-Number-Admin's blog

It is still not working!!

On June 18th, 2011 Angry Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard User (not verified) says:

So i have bough a prepaid vanilla mastercard last friday and I have tried to use it online, and it said "YOUR CREDIT CARD IS DECLINED." I didnt know what was wrong with it and so i went back to the moneymart store and told em so, but the lady just told me that when I purchase the card it isnt actually $25 on the card so i was freaking out cause not only was there like an extra $4 bucks you had to pay along with $25. and so i went on the website and check the amount thats on it, and it showed me that i have $25 on it. so i was like okay, ill try today again (today is saturday). and so then i tried again and failed again. Then i found this forum from google and read that you have to activate it online by giving your postal code in capitals, And so I gladly did thinking that it would work. Do I have to wait abit after it is activated with the postal code? Because this card isnt freaking working yet and I am angered lol. Someone, Any Help!?!?

It is still not working!!!

On June 18th, 2011 Angry Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard User (not verified) says:

oh and I have forgot to mention that With shipping included+Taxex, my products were to come out as $23.95 . SHIPPING AND TAX INCLUDED. What do I do?!!? anyone help me please?! Are these cards truly scams?!

The only idiots having problems using this card...

On July 26th, 2011 Pubes (not verified) says:

...are the ones who don't register it.

Here's a step by step for those of you too slow to use something as simple as a pre-paid card.

1) When you purchase the card, register it ASAP

2) Wait at least an hour after purchase before trying to use the card.

3) If it still doesn't work, call their toll free support line, and when it asks to put the card number in, simply enter 0 (zero) then # (pound), and you will get transferred to a live representative who will help you.

I followed those three simple steps and have not had any issues.. now stop being retards.

Found a customer service rep.

On August 12th, 2011 Shellz (not verified) says:

If youre having trouble finding an actual human being to talk to this is how i got one!

enter your information as it prompts.
then go into the option that allows you to report a lost or stolen card.
after listening to all that there should be an option to talk to a representative. or it will connect you automatically.

they also activated my card number for online purchases and after i got off the phone, i was able to make my purchase.

hope i helped

0.06 remaining blance

On August 17th, 2011 NameLess (not verified) says:

I used the card, bought a few things, now I have 0.06 cents remaining in balance. Does this allow them to send fees because its not at 0? If so, how do I end the card, I have no use for it, they can take the 6 cents.

ripped off for my birthday

On August 24th, 2011 NameLess (not verified) says:

i just got ripped off for my birthday money by vanilla master card. cannat register it.says i have a problem with my account, ccount is a postal code so how is that? 100s of ppl have the same postal code. for my bd i got ripped off by vanilla card

ahhhh!

On August 28th, 2011 NameLess (not verified) says:

I bought my 100 dollar vanilla mastercard 3 days ago and registered it but today when I tried to buy online the site said my card had been denied. I tried this on another site and It said the same thing. I have not used it for anthing yet and both purchases were denied even though they were both under 20 dollars. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Service Charge

On August 29th, 2011 NameLess (not verified) says:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned a service charge when you buy the Vanilla card. I have looked through their website and can't find any reference to the $5.95 (for a $100 card) service charge that I was charged. Is Petro Canada the only company charging this?

Everywhere charges this, it

On January 7th, 2012 Shannon (not verified) says:

Everywhere charges this, it is just to activate the card.
It says right on the packaging, each different amount has a different activation fee.

I tried to buy online

On October 26th, 2011 NameLess (not verified) says:

I tried to buy online products and the $200 card was declined,the card is active as I purchased gas and had no problem,the online form requests a card holders name,what do you put?

You have to go and register

You have to go and register your card to shop online (put in zip/postal code)

I bought a prepaid card and

On December 5th, 2011 Steve (not verified) says:

I bought a prepaid card and they made a mistake at the store, now i have to fax in a copy of my reciept and weeks to get a new one, Why cant it be activated over the phone or back at the store, I dont need it in two weeks, i need it now, such a joke, really upset with the service and the card

Finally got it to work

On December 26th, 2011 Devon (not verified) says:

I finally got mine to work. This is my second. I had problems with the second and the first, but I usually end up getting them to work.... You have to wait approx. 1 Hour for them to activate, and then regitser online at VanillaMastercard.com. You then go to "Register my Card" and put in your Zip Code. Mine wasn't working, it kept saying "Zip Code Invalid" But the I changed my area from Usa to Canada. (I made the mistake of chosing the wrong area at the start) And it worked fine after. I purchased Borderlands and Audio Surf off of Steam

BULLSHIT. RIPOFF. I bought a

On January 5th, 2012 NameLess (not verified) says:

BULLSHIT. RIPOFF. I bought a $50 Vanilla gift card and its declined.. ripoff. i tried too call customer service and no number. stupid

Call the number on the card,

Call the number on the card, and put all 0 for numbers it asks, at the end it will tell you something is wrong with the card and gives you an option for customer service.