Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Eating Out and Dining
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2012, 11:27 PM

Default Sunterra Market Keynote - Worst Service - Several Occasions 200 12th Avenue S.E

Do not visit Sunterra Market keynote . 403-261-6772

keywords
Review, Poor Review, sunterra, calgary, Sunterra Market Keynote, ripoff, waste of money, poor service, price, rude service, 403-261-6772, www.sunterra.ca

I’m never public about matters like this but the management at Sunterra Market Keynote, specifically 200 12th Avenue S.E., have been useless and plain out rude.
Me and my wife were very eager to have Sunterra market-Keynote open. We always visit before the hockey games. If the service is not ok it is very poor. Yes we do pay for the “gourmet” foods that can use a lot of taste. Yes we get the common rude cashier, rude chief on second floor. But we continued to go there. We had a horrible experience one evening (Valentine’s day) it was not even busy. After waiting 40 minutes for our food at Sunterra Market Keynote, we asked for a manager someone did come out, without a name tag and told us to go somewhere else if we do not like the service. This was of course without any reason.

I shall no longer visit anything owned by the Price family. Phone calls were never returned nor emails. We’re not a couple to use profanity or anything, and may mother’s soul forgive me for what I am about to say, but Sunterra Market – Keynote – Go Fuck yourselves. That is for the public embarrassment and causing a scene for me and my wife. Do not visit Sunterra Market and Sunterra Market Keynote Calgary

Sunterra Market
Keynote
200 12th Avenue S.E.
Calgary, AB T2G 0Z7
Phone: (403) 261-6772
Fax: (403) 261-1629
E-mail: keynote@sunterra.ca
Catering: (403) 261-6772
Grocery Delivery: (403) 261-6772
www.sunterra.ca

Last edited by alandbetty : 02-28-2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Review, Poor Review, sunterra, calgary, www.sunterra.ca
Old 02-28-2012, 11:45 PM

me and my office co workers will never visit Sunterra Market Keynote in Calgary sorry about the poor service Sunterra Market Keynote gave you

the other website for Sunterra Market Keynote is http://www.sunterramarket.com
Old 03-01-2012, 01:50 AM

wow that sucks. i never liked that place.... i am not racist but a lot of those workers (of african origin) can be really rude and or careless... . they must improve service to survive.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:14 PM

wow that sucks.. their parking system said free, i validated my ticket, stayed only 20 minutes and got a parking ticket. the manager would not even listen.. its not even in downtown all the food has little taste.

FRESH, WHOLESOME & AFFORDABLE MEALS FOR BUSY PEOPLE ON THE GO!
Enjoy wholesome, delicious foods for a quick meal to go (market seating available). Select from our varied market offering for a convenient breakfast, lunch or dinner.

What's Available at Keynote

Main Floor
- full-shop grocery
- bakery
- fishmonger
- butcher
- antipasto bar
- gelato bar
- produce
- dairy
- floral
- Edible Education Centre
- market café

Mezzanine Level
- group cooking classes
- private event space
- Lunch ‘n’ Learns

Second Level
- lounge
- quick serve meals all-day
- Big Pan
- Hot Carve
- Chef Demonstration Bar
- flat screen tvs
- outdoor patio and grill

here are some bias reviews....... dont trust them all

January 13, 2012
Likes it

Snacking Squirrel

White Chocolate Chunks and Dark Chocolate Chips. Addictively sweet and impossible to resist! I kept it in my purse for spontaneous snacking, but that didn't last long

More from Snacking Squirrel

September 1, 2011

food = life

Another reason I love this place is that they’ll give me grilled tomatoes instead of toast at no extra charge!

More from food = life

August 6, 2010

live to Love, love to Eat

Now that Sunterra is just around the corner, there’s a closer place to pick up everyday goodies; and a hangout where you can eat and enjoy the food we all love. On the top floor, there is...

More from live to Love, love to Eat

Write a review
Diner reviews
Sort by: Relevance | Date | Positive | Negative

January 13, 2012
Likes it

Chocolate Chip Muffin

by Kelsey (1 review)

Chocolate Chip Muffin - Addictively sweet and impossible to resist!

1 out of 1 found this review helpful

January 28, 2012

Mobile review

by naki (13 reviews)

We've had our Xmas party here for the last little while... From a catering perspective it wasn't very good. The food was cold, not refilled very often, and the drinks (alcoholic and nonalcoholic) are pretty expensive. Dropping in for lunch is pretty decent though. Like the patio in the summer.

February 6, 2012
Doesn't like it

Rancid Melon

by hauteq (2 reviews)

My spouse and I were so excited about finding the Calgary Sunterra Keynote, that we have been going regularly, at least once a week since the discovery. It satisfied the following dinner wish list: a small piece of protein with little to no processing, a fresh vegetable and a carb, also with little processing, all for a reasonable price.

The Keynote restaurant satisfied all these, until last night, Jan 31. It was prime rib night, and we were shocked with the following:
Price, had zoomed an astronomical 33% from $15 to $20, well we knew $15 was a deal, but 33%?
It was Flames home game night, so when we got served, there were no fresh vegetables left; we were offered some Cole-slaw (not much, bottom of the bucket - and where was that bucket from?) and a complementary fruit salad (half inedible, as the melon had gone rancid.) And in any case, there's a grocery store downstairs, could not someone have grabbed a vegetable?
The prime rib itself was overdone (we both like med-rare... more »

January 17, 2012

Reviews of cakes/bakery?

by shartran (2 reviews)

Hi - Is there anyone out there in Urbanspoon Land that could either recommend (or not!) this Market's Cakes/bakery? I am hosting a b-day party for my dad soon, and want a great tasting cake.
Thanks SO much!!

November 8, 2011
Likes it

Hmm

by Fruit.Connoisseur (2 reviews)

I stopped in today to check out their produce selection as I've just moved close by. & it seems wonderful! Nice veggie & fruit selection! Although it's really annoying to see NOT Ripened Fruit sliced open with a for sale mark on them! :/ Papaya's are NOT ripe when they are GREEN people, c'mon. *shakes head* well not the one's they were selling.
Anyhow, they have what looks to be a LOVELY sized RAW Food Salad Bar. A cozy modern "cafe like" seating area.
I thought that perhaps with the fermented kefir yoghurt, they might carry Daiya Cheese (Vegan) products, but they do not.
I will be back, this place is cozy, homey, & clean!
2 out of 2 found this review helpful

November 1, 2011
Doesn't like it

Terrible

by Becky (1 review)

I had the misfortune of working for Sunterra at this location. I have never seen such a disorganized place, they will hire anyone with a heart beat so the staff rarely knows what is going on. It's nice as a shopping experience but the two kitchens there are absolutely terrible.

3 out of 4 found this review helpful

August 7, 2011
Doesn't like it

Mobile review

by TCham (10 reviews)

Let's see. 1.Raw cookies (more than one occasion). 2.over seasoned chicken. 3. Rotten veggies in the produce aisle. 4. Poor customer service (lady painting her nails at cash point), 5. Poor food quality. The only perk is that is conveniently located near home. PASS

2 out of 3 found this review helpful

June 14, 2011
Really likes it

Wonderful market and delicious food

by iChang (229 reviews)

Guided here by a friend who works downtown, my love began as I explored the market on the ground level. This is the only Sunterra Market that I've been to, so the whole experience was quite exciting. With so many people bustling about trying to grab a healthy bite, I immediately noticed the plethora of fresh items surrounding me. I could have easily grabbed something pre-made here and been content, but the smell of more food from the second floor kept me walking.
The restaurant on the second floor is an open concept, illuminated by sunshine through their many windows. Sauntering past the rows of food being cooked, I was immediately confused as to how one went about ordering. After asking around, I finally settled on their Garlic Clove Chicken on a bed of brown rice (other choices included white rice, spinach, and pasta). The servers were very friendly and helpful, and the portions were quite large.
When ladling the stew atop my rice, the servers make sure you get the most meat... more »

1 out of 1 found this review helpful

September 6, 2010
Likes it

GREAT food but takes navigating

by Michael Macdonald (42 reviews)

Love the concept the second floor is really comfortable and a great deck. The are also open early you can show up at 6:00 am get fed a very good quality breakfast for a reasonable price and on the road by 7:00 am But watch the parking - confusing the main floor is small but seems to have everything I want in it If I lived in a Condo I would pay an extra $50,000 to have a place like this on the main floor makes living easy. Lunch and dinner are again good quality and "the price is right" I find the big pan selections healthy and well received and you can get them on spinach not just rice. Great place for family and kids open kitchen concept with an emphasis on healthy that allows the kids to get what they want but still have something healthy. Service is amazing - they have some sort of a no tip policy I do not understand but what I can tell you is everyone makes an effort to please. Well worth visiting.

September 5, 2010
Doesn't like it

Not quite as efficient as the other Sunterras

by James (14 reviews)

I've stopped by the new Sunterra restaurant three times since it has opened, since it is close to home and fairly convenient. The food is fresh and quite good, but the ordering process is quite convoluted, even for the staff. Trying to get your order can be quite cumbersome, since those that are supposed to take your order don't pay much attention to the customers. Overall, I find that they take about twice as much time as the other Sunterras to make your food. I will be avoiding the restaurant for now and just stick with the market downstairs. Hopefully, they will eventually sort out their logistical issues in the restaurant.

November 16, 2011
Likes it

Very modern great Atmosphere

by Combei Mariana (4 reviews)

I love the layout very Modern and the food is great also I like the fact they have an wine bar very cool. Very clean as well
I would defiantly come back again.

November 15, 2010
Likes it

Market is great for lunch

by Tivy (19 reviews)

Can't speak to the restaurant itself, even though the smells are lovely. I use this place for healthy quick lunch carryout and it definitely fills that bill. Salad bar is fresh and stocked, many sandwich choices, lots of fruit. Quick in and out is what I need and the fact that there are NUTRIENTS in my food here... total bonus.

October 1, 2010

Mobile review

by ejayc (8 reviews)

In a word: average. I agree with James' review regarding the second floor restaurant - quite disorganized. As well, they over salt everything, often to the point of making the sides inedible. Service, although slow on occasion, is typically with enthusiasm. Two small things that bug me every time I visit are, 1) the employees smoking en masse right outside the parking entrance; 2) watching the employees eating the samples while working. Overall, very convenient and good more often than not. Hoping they continue to improve with time.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:30 PM

i heard of that place.. would never go there. .. over rated. well it doesnt have a good rating to begin with..

i am glad you are you choosing to boycott calgary sunterra market keynote marketbar bar on 1 st se and 12 ave.

sunterra does not have good service.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:01 PM

Default sunterra

the only sunterra to go to is the one in signal hill
I have always received great service there
Old 12-09-2012, 02:46 AM

that place is so overpriced..

they need some cooking lessons who ever is cooking!!