Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Buying, Selling, Wanting > Services (Offering & Wanting)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2018, 08:46 AM

Default Need help for late tax filing..!!

Hi, I'm Lusy. I'm residing in Toronto. I'm in big trouble now. I hope someone here could help me. Last day when I attempt to withdraw money from my saving accounts, I get to know that CRA froze my bank accounts. When I enquired about this, I understood that the fault was mine. I didn't pay my tax returns for last year. Honestly, I forgot about its deadline. I knew that late tax filing was an offence, but I was unaware of the consequences of late tax filing. I don't have any idea what I want to do next.
How do I reactivate my bank accounts? I wasn't notified either by CRA or my bank while freezing my account. Is it possible to froze my account without notifying me? I discussed it with a few of my friends, and they have no idea on this. One of my friends suggested approaching companies offering tax filing services around Toronto to those who are unable to file their tax returns on time. Does anyone have any experience with such firms? Can I approach them for solving my problem? Can someone offer some guidance? Any help will be highly appreciated.