Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-22-2019, 08:15 PM

Default Optik TV/ Setup

Hi All,

I need some help on how Telus sets up their optik tv and what connections are required.

I initially had internet and TV from Telus but I switched to cable internet now. The modem provided by Telus is using 2 phone cables plugged in it and a coax cable and it's sitting on my kitchen counter. My one tv in the living room is using a moca adapter for the pvr so it's using my coax jack there and my other tv upstairs is running a Wi-Fi optik box.

I need one of the two coax jacks that Telus is using right now.

My question is does my Telus modem require the coax connection or can I remove it and use that for my cable internet?

Can I remove the moca adapter in the living room tv that runs into the pvr and run a Telus Wi-Fi box there instead so I can use that coax jack for my cable modem?

Telus had offered a solution as to plug the pvr next to their modem in the kitchen which would free up my living room coax jack and then to use a Wi-Fi optik box there instead. Why does the pvr need to be plugged in next to the modem and why can't I just run 2 Wi-Fi boxes?

Also, if I were to plug the pvr next to the modem, then can I eliminate the coax connection and just run it with the Ethernet connection?

More...