Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-04-2021, 05:30 AM

Default Fair payment of Telus contractors

On May 6, I snail mailed a letter to Darren Enwhistle to share my concerns about a corporate policy regarding paying contractors. I have not received either an acknowledgment nor a response to my letter. I would appreciate the courtesy of a response. For the record, here it is: May 5, 2021 Mr. Darren Entwistle President & CEO TELUS 510 W. Georgia St. 23rd Floor Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 0M3 RE: Fair payment of Telus contractors I am writing to express my concerns about the way in which your independent contractors are compensated. Two of our TVs could not connect to live TV although they were able to show streaming shows from Crave and Netflix and our Wi-Fi signal drops occasionally. We spent at least 6-8 hours time with TELUS support on the phone additionally TELUS arranged for a couple service visits. Still not solved, A different technician, Francisco R (Tech ID X228452) came to our home on April 21. Francisco is amazing! Since his first visit on April 21, he has visited our home on four separate occasions because the issue persisted. We believe he has tried everything. We watched him trouble shoot by himself, and we have listened as he got on multiple calls with tech support. On his last visit on May 3, he seems to have fixed the issue and we are grateful for that. Our Issue. We have learned that Francisco only gets paid for his first visit to our home. We believe that is patently unfair as the issues were not the result of incompetence on his part rather, they were caused by equipment that was unable to deliver reliable services to our home. It was only due to his persistence and determination that we have those services today. We understand he is an independent contractor, and these are the terms of his contract. However, we believe your contract is fundamentally flawed in that it does not support the delivery of reliable service. Rather, it penalizes the individuals who strive to do so and (unintentionally) rewards those who are not interested in the customer’s service reliability or experience. In your Supplier Code of Conduct you say, “ TELUS Procurement requires each of its suppliers to meet the highest standards for all products and services, demonstrating their commitment to supply assurance, quality, service, cost, innovation, and social responsibility.” You go on to say, “We value suppliers that take the time to understand our culture and expectations, learn and understand our business, and look for ways to drive continuous improvement.” Surely, this is a supplier, you should value. Not only should contractors who deliver exceptional service be compensated for their time, they should be rewarded for their commitment to provide superior service on your behalf. It is unconscionable case and harmful to your reputation that this is not the case. Our Expectations regarding Next Steps We are hopeful that our technical issues are now fixed and that we will not require any additional service calls. If we do, we will call this technician directly, because we know he can be trusted to deliver. For your part, we expect you to revisit this part of your contract with your contractors so that they are fairly compensated for the time they spend protecting your reputation by ensuring customer satisfaction and reliable service.

More...