Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Main Category > Auto Talk Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 01:16 AM

Default Insurance question: Fix or accept buyout?

Hello,

I have a 2007 Toyota Yaris. In August, there was considerable hail damage during the big storm. My window is cracked, and my hood, roof, and back have dozens of nickel-sized dents in it.

We went to our insurance company, and they said they are giving us the option of fixing it, which they would pay $7000 for body work, or $9800 to write it off. It's more convenient to have it fixed, but I'm worried that I will not get as much, if I ever try and sell it.

I am relatively new to Alberta, but what would you suggest I do in this situation? The Yaris engine runs great, and it has just under 150,000 km on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:19 AM

Welcome to the Forums Pete-

Well - something to consider-

since the repair price/write off value is close and they are pretty much redoing the entire car:

shop around for a new vehicle - they insurance will give you market value for vehicle.

these people that fix your car - will cut corners. you will have pre mature rust. and other things. what insurance company is it?
Old 07-27-2018, 01:34 PM

I need reliable insurance at a good price. I have a car in 2015 and I have more than 7 years driving experience. How much do you think it will cost?