Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-04-2018, 06:03 PM

Default Great experience extending the TV, Internet and Phone package

Just thought I let the neighborhood members know that I recently called Telus Loyalty. I happened to get a really good L&R agent. I was on some promotion until August 30-2018. Before the next billing cycle(13th) I thought I see what they can do. As I have been on 150/150 fibre for the last 8 months or so, I thought I also ask about 300/300 service as Shaw has been calling me about a deal.

Anyway, I expected some line that since I was on promotion they cannot continue it etc. But, to my pleasant surprise, the agent was very nice, saw that I have been a long time customer and agreed to extend my current promo price for another year for an extra $10 with 300/300 upgrade. Initially she thought a tech visit may be needed but when she realized that I have the latest modem, she changed the profile herself and in the next few minutes my speed was up. I must say that I haven't had such seamless upgrade experience ever.

But that wasn't all. My download speed was stuck at around 270mbps and I sent an email to her if there was something wrong. She immediately called back and connected to a technical service rep(who also was very nice) and he went through my actual setup. It turned out that my Asus router RT-AC3100 connected to the bridged Actiontec T3200M was causing the slowdown.

Overall, it was a really great experience as in the past some other L&R agent told me that I was on promotion and it was time I paid full price! I have complained to Telus when things weren't working right but this is the occasion, I commend them. I sure don't want to think about it for another 11 months or so. Thanks Telus. By the way, when I called the message said the wait time was going to be at least an hour but I got this agent in 25 minutes.

More...