Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-01-2022, 07:42 PM

Default Can't Find Certain Gaming Servers

Greetings,

The Problem:
I am trying to get some help on trying to reach a certain gaming server, and potentially others that I'm not seeing anymore.
I used to be able to play this server all of the time. Then one day I just can't find it anymore and I've tried everything before discovering that it's my internet in general that is causing the issue.

Game: Squad
Server IP: 104.194.10.138
Server Port: 7787
Internet Provider: Telus Internet 150

What I've Tried:
The issue is nothing has changed - neither the server provider nor anything internet related on my end.
I did do a traceroute to the server. But the ping did not make it to the server, getting blocked somewhere in Chicago or something but I can traceroute other servers just fine.
I can access the server when hotspotting off my phone - which is obviously not suitable for gaming on an online FPS - and when I'm somewhere else on someone else's internet. All devices are affected when connected to my internet wi-fi and a direct connection to the modem did not work to show the server.

Any help would be appreciated. I prefer this server as this is where most of my buddies play. Let me know if some information is missing.

More...
Old 03-21-2023, 02:47 PM

I used to struggle with that as well, and I can say that the only thing that helped me was changing the internet provider. Also, not so long ago, I started working with https://ilogos.biz/full-cycle-game-development/ to help with my project, and it was highly important for me to have a stable internet connection, so I think you need to consider it as well.