Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums  

Go Back   Calgaryn.com - Everything Calgary Forums > Cell Phone Talk > TELUS Home Services & Devices
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-22-2021, 01:03 AM

Default Connect ONT and router to patch panel

Hi

I'm using fibre internet for my home networking. The current setup looks like this:
ONT -> Nokia ONT -> patch panel ----wall----> Telus WiFi Hub -> Google Wifi Router[ --------- garage ------------] [----------------living room-----------]
I only use the Google WiFi network.
(I think the Telus WiFi Hub is a modem + router box. Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Everything works ok, but I also hope to use the ethernet ports through the house. One option is to relocate the Telus WiFi Hub to the garage to have:
ONT -> Telus router -> ethernet switch -> patch panel.[------------------- garage -----------------------]
The only problem is that the Telus router doesn't fit inside the NBN box, so I need to wall mount a small rack next to the NBN box to hold the Telus router and deal with ventilation/dust/moisture problem in the garage (unless the Telus router is less sensitive to these). I think this will work, but it's ugly. Would you recommend other solutions?

Thank you!

More...